Short: Shell as BBS? System per Ansi and Modem? Author: mc@mania.prometheus.de (Dirk Tietke) Uploader: mc mania prometheus de (Dirk Tietke) Type: comm/bbs Architecture: m68k-amigaos **** SerTrans Version 1.44 **** --------------------- Version 1.43 -> 1.44: --------------------- o SerTrans : Wrong Device at failed open -> FIXED o SerTrans : Some Bugs removed (Iconify, ArexxPort) o SerTrans : Workaround on SearchCommand o SerTrans : SysopPaging completly rewritten! Now it supports Samples to page the Sysop. You can use every sample to like. Be sure you have the right DataType for it. o SerTransPrefs : \n and \r are incorrect in OptionsWindow -> FIXED Mainfeatures are: - The worst Doc ever! Please be patient. I will receive a new one in German and English (I hope) soon!!!! - ArexxPort - DosShell like KingCon (Original KingCon Copyright by David Larsson) - External ProgramInterface) - Localized - NullModem support - Very good replacement for SystemLevels in BBS Programs (i.e. Pmbs) - SinglePort or MultiPort - Every Commands are switchable and protectable with Password - Interface for external Programs (i.e. to build your own BBS-Program!!!) - Use as FrontDoor for other BBS-Programs thru multiplepasswords - Packerhandling SerTrans was developed for People they won't install a fully BBS Program (or to install a fully BBS Program ;)) and to exchange Software via Modem. Normaly they're exchanging their software via normal TerminalProgram but at first normalwise they can't read what the otherone's typing and also there is no access to the Shell/Dos. This access to the "TerminalShell" is password protected. So you can access a full Shell to get Software i.e. from a CD-Rom oder special Data from a friends harddisk. Why don't install a full BBS Programm instead?? Well... who wants to install a full BBS Program only to exchange fast and quickly software and who wants to pay for those reasons much money??? SerTrans is so easy and so cheap! There is only one ConfigEditor and the MainProgram. That's all! You don't need to install areas or edit Users... If you want to use SerTrans as full BBS-Program you can code your needed Modules yourself or watch out for BBS-Modules for SerTrans...